The mission of the Gaston Concert Association is to present quality musical performances that enhance the cultural life, promote appreciation of a variety of music, and offer entertainment for the greater gaston area.
Toward this purpose the organization offers a carefully chosen, yearly subscription series of four to five concerts. Artists from one of the scheduled concerts will do an educational workshop or performance for Gaston County Schools.
The Board of Directors of the Gaston Concert Association has a moral responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals through the operation of the yearly plan.
Responsibilities of individual board members:
- Represent the organization and act as a positive spokesman in interpreting the organization’s work and values to the community.
- Attend meetings and special events.
- Support the organization financially at a level that is meaningful to the board member.
- Serve the operation of the organization through a committee responsibility.
- Participate actively in the annual membership drive. The goal is to sell at least ten memberships.